Winter Flavors Arrive at the Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market
It’s time to get in the Holiday spirit with the Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market! Begin your Christmas shopping this Sunday by browsing through all of our unique, hand crafted gifts as you shop for your weekly fix of fresh winter vegetables. Plus, prepare for the cooler weather with our fresh Market recipe of the week, Coconut Curry Winter Squash Soup.
DON’T FORGET, our weekly Rancho Santa Fe Certified Farmers Market is open from 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM in the Del Rayo Village Shopping Center. Look for your favorites and new vendors each week and check out the new tenants in the center while you are there.
Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market is the perfect place for shopping local to fill your fridge with fresh produce and flowers, delicious treats, prepared meals to go and more!
Located in the Del Rayo Village Shopping Center at 16079 San Dieguito Rd. Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92091
Lath House Gardens Micro Greens
Turns out microgreens are not just a plain good-for-you food or a healthy garnish on salads and soups. Scientific research now proves that these tiny seedlings harvested and eaten when they are just a few inches tall are a real superfood packed with antioxidants and other health-promoting nutrients! Try my favorite, the Fresh Basil Micro Sprouts at the Lath House Gardens booth.
The Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market is Filled with Unique Gifts Your Friends and Family Will Love this Christmas!
Be Runa Seed Salts make the perfect stocking stuffer for your food loving friends and family. Pick some up as a gift or for a delicious addition to your Holiday meal!
Eco Cork purses, wallets, hats and more make amazing eco friendly Christmas gifts for any fashion lover.
5150 Nut Butter makes that perfect gift for anyone in your family who loves nutty snacks. Pick your favorite flavor this Sunday at the Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market.
Rob Moray’s hand crafted plates add a beautiful touch to your Holiday table setting. They also make gorgeous gifts!
Of course you can not forget that special four-legged someone in your life! Big Brady’s makes toys and treats your pet will love to find in their Christmas stocking.
Zinchiladas Performs LIVE This Sunday!
Grab a seat under a Market umbrella and listen to the amazing Zinchiladas perform live for you at the Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market.
Fill Your Holidays with the Beauty of the Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market!
The RSF Fresh Market Recipe of the Week is…
Coconut Curry Winter Squash Soup
- 1 large butternut or Orange Flesh squash (about 1 1/2 pounds) (Good Taste Farms)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (Terroir by the Sea)
- 1 large yellow or sweet white onion, chopped (Valdivia Farm)
- 1 medium apple, any variety, peeled and diced (Smit Farm)
- 2 cups prepared vegetable broth, or 2 cups water with 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 teaspoons Curry Seed Salt (Be Runa Seed Salts)
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg or allspice
- 1 cup fresh coconut milk (Mamas Made)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 medium red onions, quartered and thinly sliced (Valdivia Farm)
- 1 good-size bunch kale (about 10 to 12 ounces) (Sage Mountain Farm)
- To bake the squash, preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut in half and place halves, cut side up, in a foil-lined, shallow baking dish and cover tightly with more foil. Bake for 30 to 50 minutes, until you can easily pierce the flesh with a knife. Scoop out and set aside.
- Heat about half the oil in a soup pot. Add the onion and sauté over medium-low heat until golden, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the apple, squash, broth and spices. Bring to a steady simmer, then cover and simmer gently until the apples are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the solids to a food processor with a slotted spoon, in batches if need be, and process until smoothly pureed, then transfer back to the soup pot. Or better yet, simply insert an immersion blender into the pot and process until smoothly pureed.
- Stir in the coconut milk and return the soup to a gentle simmer. Cook over low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until well heated through. Season with salt and pepper. If time allows, let the soup stand off the heat for an hour or two, then heat through as needed before serving.
- Just before serving, heat the remaining oil in a large skillet. Add the red onions and sauté over low heat until golden and soft.
- Meanwhile, strip the kale leaves off the stems and cut into thin shreds. Stir together with the onions in the skillet, adding just enough water to moisten the surface. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the kale is bright green and just tender, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, ladle soup into each bowl, then place a small mound of kale and onion mixture in the center.
The Helen Woodward Animal Center will be at the Market with Puppies!
Make sure to stop at Helen Woodward Animal Center’s booth this Sunday and meet all of their adorable puppies available for adoption. Whether you are interested in adding a pet to your family or just want to meet the puppies, Helen Woodward Animal Center will be happy to meet you!
RANCHO SANTA FE FARMERS MARKET … MAKE IT A WEEKLY HABIT!
“Like Us” ON FACEBOOK AND ENTER TO WIN A FREE CSA PRODUCE BOX OR $20 IN MARKET BUCKS!
You could win a free Sage Mountain Produce Box by simply clicking the links below and “Liking Us”! Each “Like” goes into a pool, so by liking ANY of our Facebook posts or joining our email list, you are getting another chance to win! The more posts you “Like” the more entries you will have in the drawing. A new winner will be chosen each month!
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW