Start Off The New Year With A Fridge Full Of Fresh Produce From The Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market
The weather is gorgeous and the Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market is filled with beautiful produce, fresh baked goods and an abundance of hand crafted items. Spend the last Sunday of 2014 shopping through the Market and enjoying our live musician, Miles Moynier. Plus, pick up the fresh ingredients for our Market recipe of the week, potato pancakes with pico de gallo, yum!
DON’T FORGET, our weekly Rancho Santa Fe Certified Farmers Market is open from 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM in the Del Rayo Village Shopping Center. Look for your favorites and new vendors each week and check out the new tenants in the center while you are there.
Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market is the perfect place for shopping local to fill your fridge with fresh produce and flowers, delicious treats, prepared meals to go and more!
Located in the Del Rayo Village Shopping Center at 16079 San Dieguito Rd. Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92091
London is coming to Rancho Santa Fe
The London Bakery, that is. . .They Will be at the Market with Mouth-Watering, Fresh Baked Goodies!
“Growing up in London’s East End and having Grandmothers of both Sicilian and Jewish descent who were both cooks, and being the daughter of a chef, it was no surprise I leaned how to cook early on in life. Over the years I have taken family recipes along with inspiration, from Delia Smith, Nigella Lawson and Jamie Oliver to bring my truly truly scrumptious British delights to America. I believe in using only the finest ingredients, including keeping the butter in butter cream frosting, and baking fresh and never frozen, just good home-style food, made with love from my heart to your home.” – Joanne (The London Bakery)
The London Bakery is a must see new vendor this week. Please stop by their booth to try one of their delicious cakes, pastries, cookies, or pies. They even offer freshly made curd & shortbread. Eat them on the spot or take a dessert home to share with friends and family!
Peru Shoes are Back!
FREE FLOWERING SUCCULENTS FOR KIDS THIS SUNDAY!
Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market is giving away FREE FLOWERING KALANCHOS from Kalura Gardens Succulents, to children attending this weekend – come early for best color choices! (While supplies last.)
Enjoy This Beautiful Winter Weather Shopping At The Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market!
This weeks Rancho Santa Fe Fresh Market Recipe is…
Baked Potato Pancakes with Pico De Gallo
- 2 russet potatoes, grated (Valdivia Farms)
- 1 large zucchini, grated (Sage Mountain Farms)
- ½ yellow onion, grated (Valdivia Farms)
- ½ cup oat flour (make yourself in blender)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Be Runa Garlic Cayenne Seed Salts (Be Runa)
- 1 container Pico de Gallo Salsa (Gourmet Tamales)
- 1 bunch fresh Cilantro (Sage Mountain Farms)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Cover two cookie sheets with parchment paper or non-stick olive oil spray.
2. Spread the grated vegetables on a clean kitchen towel, then roll and wring the towel to draw out the excess moisture. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. To make your own oat flour, pulse rolled oats using a Vitamix Blender or coffee grinder.
4. In a small bowl, combine the oat flour, baking powder, and Seed Salts. Add to the vegetable bowl, and mix well, using your hands to evenly distribute the flour and baking powder.
5. Scoop about ¼ cup of potato mixture, and hand-shape it into a semi-tight ball. Flatten with your palms, and place the pancake onto the prepared pan. Repeat with the remaining mix, spacing the pancakes about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake for 12 minutes. Flip and bake for another 12 minutes, or to your desired level of crispness. Serve at once. Top with the Pico de Gallo Salsa and a sprig of fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Helen Woodward Animal Center Pet Of The Week
Fall In Love With “Clove”
Meet Clove, Pet of the Week at Helen Woodward Animal Center. Is it an accident that “love” is right in his name? Not at all! Clove is grown-up dog who knows exactly what he wants- love, and lots of it. He is quick to say “hello” and will lean against you for a stand-up-cuddle if you don’t feel like sitting. All 7-years and 54lbs of this Australian Shepherd blend are dedicated to making sure his forever home is always filled with his favorite thing- love.
Clove is waiting to meet you at Helen Woodward Animal Center. He has been altered and is up-to-date on all of his vaccinations. His adoption fee is $269, and, as with all pets adopted from Helen Woodward Animal Center, he is micro chipped for identification. As an added bonus, he also comes with two free passes to Sea World!
Helen Woodward Animal Center is located at 6461 El Apajo Road in Rancho Santa Fe. Kennels are open daily Monday through Thursday from 12pm to 6pm; Fridays from noon to 7pm; Saturdays 10am to 6pm; and Sunday 11am to 6pm (last application accepted 15 minutes before closing).”
For more information call 858-756-4117, (option 1) or visit www.animalcenter.org.
RANCHO SANTA FE FARMERS MARKET … MAKE IT A WEEKLY HABIT!
“Like Us” ON FACEBOOK AND ENTER TO WIN A FREE CSA PRODUCE BOX OR $20 IN MARKET BUCKS!
You could win a free Sage Mountain Produce Box by simply clicking the links below and “Liking Us”! Each “Like” goes into a pool, so by liking ANY of our Facebook posts or joining our email list, you are getting another chance to win! The more posts you “Like” the more entries you will have in the drawing. A new winner will be chosen each month!
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW