It’s Looking “Berry” Beautiful at the Market … Strawberries Have Arrived!
The berry season is here and the Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market is smelling as sweet as can be. Stop by this Sunday and pick up some of the first strawberries of the season!
As the season begins to change fresh berries arrive at the Market along with many more delicious foods! Enjoy the sunshine and shop through the Market this Sunday for the fresh ingredients to make the RSF Fresh Market Recipe of the week, Grilled Sea Bass with Strawberry Salsa. Plus, husband and wife duo Yael will be performing live!
DON’T FORGET, our weekly Rancho Santa Fe Certified Farmers Market is open from 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM in the Del Rayo Village Shopping Center. Look for your favorites and new vendors each week and check out the new tenants in the center while you are there.
Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market is the perfect place for shopping local to fill your fridge with fresh produce and flowers, delicious treats, prepared meals to go and more!
Remember, to bring an ice chest in your car or on wheels so you can relax and enjoy a nice lunch made fresh for you right at the market. Take a few minutes to slow down and enjoy our live entertainment with your family and friends in the comfort of new Market umbrellas, bistro tables and cafe chairs!
Located in the Del Rayo Village Shopping Center at 16079 San Dieguito Rd. Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92091
Becyn Designs offers a variety of gorgeous, hand crafted jewelry. Their statement pieces are designed by owner Beth and are the perfect piece to make any outfit pop!
Yael Performs LIVE this Sunday
Shop Fresh and Local Every Sunday at the Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market!
Rancho Santa Fe Fresh Market Recipe
Grilled Sea Bass with Strawberry Salad
- 2 pounds Sea Bass (Fathom 5 Fish)
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/8 teaspoon Himalayan salt (Thyme of Essence)
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 clove garlic, pressed (Valdivia)
- 1 green onion sliced thinly (Valdivia)
- 4 wedges of fresh lemon (Beatty Citrus Farms)
- 3 tablespoons French Butter (Thyme of Essence)
- 1 tablespoon Italian flat leaf parsley (African Sisters Farm)
- 1 1/2 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil (Thyme of Essence)
- Preheat grill for high heat and in a small bowl, mix together the lemon pepper, Himalayan salt, garlic and onion powders and paprika then sprinkle over the fish.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter together with the garlic and parsley until just melted and set aside.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Grill fish for 7 minutes, then turn and drizzle with butter. Continue cooking for 7 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork. Brush lightly with olive oil and top with Strawberry Salsa.
- 1/2 cup red pepper jelly (Terra Verde Foods)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives (Kawano Farms)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro (Kawano or African Sisters Farms)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (Beatty Citrus Farms)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (Beatty Citrus Farms)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries (Valdivia or Kawano Farm)
- 1/3 cup dried fruit (blueberries or other sweet fruit) (Smit Orchards)
- 1 small avocado, diced (Beatty Citrus Farms)
Helen Woodward Animal Center Pet Of The Week
Irresistible “Artie” Needs Your Advice!
“How do I put my best paw forward?” Artie wants some advice for when he first meets families at the Center. Should he show how excited he is, or play it cool? Should he show off his flawless “sit” and “stay” commands? Can he cuddle right away? Or is that too forward? We just tell him to be himself. Artie, you are irresistible!
Artie is and 8-year old, 22lb Beagle/Chihuahua blend, and he’s waiting to meet you at Helen Woodward Animal Center. He has been altered and is up-to-date on all of his vaccinations. His adoption fee is $284, and, as with all pets adopted from Helen Woodward Animal Center, he is micro-chipped for identification. As an added bonus, he also comes with two free passes to Sea World!
Helen Woodward Animal Center is located at 6461 El Apajo Road in Rancho Santa Fe. Kennels are open daily Monday through Thursday from 12pm to 6pm; Fridays from noon to 6pm
Saturdays 10am to 6pm; and Sunday 11am to 6pm (last application accepted 15 minutes before closing). For more information call 858-756-4117, option #1 or visit www.animalcenter.org.
“Like Us” ON FACEBOOK AND ENTER TO WIN A FREE CSA PRODUCE BOX OR $20 IN MARKET BUCKS!
You could win a free Sage Mountain Produce Box by simply clicking the links below and “Liking Us”! Each “Like” goes into a pool, so by liking ANY of our Facebook posts or joining our email list, you are getting another chance to win! The more posts you “Like” the more entries you will have in the drawing. A new winner will be chosen each month!
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW