Enjoy the Sunshine at the Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market!
There are lots of new arrivals this week at the Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market! This Sunday, fresh blueberries, delicious new treats and new artisan items arrive just in time for some weekend shopping. Check out all that the Market has to offer as you enjoy live original music by the talented husband and wife duo, Yael!
DON’T FORGET, our weekly Rancho Santa Fe Certified Farmers Market is open from 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM in the Del Rayo Village Shopping Center. Look for your favorites and new vendors each week and check out the new tenants in the center while you are there.
Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market is the perfect place for shopping local to fill your fridge with fresh produce, delicious treats, prepared meals to go, blooming flowers and more!
Remember, to bring an ice chest in your car or on wheels so you can relax and enjoy a nice lunch made fresh for you right at the market. Take a few minutes to slow down and enjoy our live entertainment with your family and friends in the comfort of new Market umbrellas, bistro tables and cafe chairs!
Located in the Del Rayo Village Shopping Center at 16079 San Dieguito Rd. Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92091
Gina Fazio Jewels
Rancho Santa Fe’s own Gina Fiori will be back at Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market this week with her hand crafted fine jewelry!
Congratulations to Our $25 “Like Us” Winner!
A big congratulations to Rosemary Schoppmeyer, our “Like Us on Facebook” winner this week Please stop by the Manager’s booth this Sunday and pick up your $25 in Market Bucks!
Shop Fresh and Local at the Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market
Rancho Santa Fe Fresh Market Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil plus additional for brushing (Thyme of Essence)
- 3/4 cup sliced shallots (Valdivia Farms)
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced (Valdivia Farms)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse Himalayan salt (Thyme of Essence)
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (Sage Mountain Farm)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (Smit Farm)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (Thyme of Essence)
- 4 7-ounce salmon steaks or fillets with skin (each about 3/4 inch thick)(Fathom 5 Fish)
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint (Sage Mountain Farms)
PREP: 40 MINTOTAL: 40 MIN
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt, 1/4 teaspoon thyme, and 1/8 teaspoon allspice. Stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add blueberries, 1/4 cup water, and balsamic vinegar. Stir to blend. Mash berries with potato masher or back of fork and cook until sauce thickens, stirring often, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Remove from heat. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature. Rewarm before using.)
- Brush grill rack with oil. Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Brush salmon on both sides with oil; sprinkle with coarse salt, thyme, allspice, and black pepper.
- Grill salmon until just opaque in center, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to plates. Stir 2 tablespoons sliced mint into warm blueberry sauce. Spoon sauce over salmon and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon mint. Serve immediately. ENJOY!
“Like Us” ON FACEBOOK AND ENTER TO WIN $25 IN MARKET BUCKS!
You could win $25 in RSF Market Bucks by simply clicking the links below and “Liking Us”! Each “Like” goes into a pool, so by liking ANY of our Facebook posts or joining our email list, you are getting another chance to win! The more posts you “Like” the more entries you will have in the drawing. A new winner will be chosen each month!
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW
Do you read online reviews? We do, and so do other customers. That’s why we’d love it if you would take just a quick moment to review your experience at our Farmers Market.
Here are links for two great review sites:
THANK YOU, WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT!
Helen Woodward Animal Center Pet Of The Week
When love of hounds abounds, choose “Nancy”!
She ain’t nothin’ but a hound dog- but what blend could make a better friend? Hounds are a classic American breed and Nancy is a classic kind of girl. Those with hound experience will appreciate her independence, curiosity, and bouncy “happy hound” gait, and even those new to the breed seem to be smitten by her uniquely-hound holler. She’s an active 4-year old, 37lb girl looking for a moderately active home with guaranteed cuddles.
Nancy is waiting to meet you at Helen Woodward Animal Center. She has been altered and is up-to-date on all of her vaccinations. Her adoption fee is $284, and, as with all pets adopted from Helen Woodward Animal Center, she is micro-chipped for identification. As an added bonus, she also comes with two free passes to Sea World!
Helen Woodward Animal Center is located at 6461 El Apajo Road in Rancho Santa Fe. Kennels are open daily Monday through Thursday from 12pm to 6pm; Fridays from noon to 6pm
Saturdays 10am to 6pm; and Sunday 11am to 6pm (last application accepted 15 minutes before closing). For more information call 858-756-4117, option #1 or visit www.animalcenter.org.