The Market is Full of Vibrant Color!
As the summer days become even more beautiful, more vendors join us at the Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market. This week, visit Local Juice Co for mouth-watering cold pressed juices! Enjoy the musical talents of Greg Feldman while you browse through the Market and pick up the ingredients for this weeks Italian themed recipe, Limoncello.
DON’T FORGET, our weekly Rancho Santa Fe Certified Farmers Market is open from 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM in the Del Rayo Village Shopping Center. Look for your favorites and new vendors each week and check out the new tenants in the center while you are there.
Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market is the perfect place for shopping local to fill your fridge with fresh produce and flowers, delicious treats, prepared meals to go and more!
Located in the Del Rayo Village Shopping Center at 16079 San Dieguito Rd. Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92091
Local Juice Co’s Elixirs and Fresh Juices are a Delicious way to Boost your Health
Please welcome Local Juice Co. to the Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market! Local Juice Co. offers 100% organic, cold- pressed juices among an array of drinks, smoothies, tonics, and elixirs. Their 3 most popular juices include Renew, Awaken and Sustain. All of their organic drinks are both delicious and rich with health benefits. Be sure to stop by Local Juice Co.’s booth this Sunday and taste test their juices to find your favorite!
LIVE music this week by Greg Feldman
Greg Feldman is an extremely talented guitar artist and will be performing live for us this Sunday. Pick up your favorite fresh Market meal and relax in the shade of our Market umbrellas as you enjoy Greg’s musical talents.
The RSF Fresh Market Recipe of the Week is…
Lavender Agave Limoncello
– 2 cups vodka
– 5 Meyer lemons, peeled (Atkins Farms)
– 2 limes, peeled (Atkins Farms)
– 1/2 tsp. lavender (Keys Creek Lavender)
– 2/3 cup agave (Thyme of Essence)
– 1 cup water
– Juice from 2 Meyer lemons (Atkins Farms)
1. Using a vegetable peeler or sharp knife, peel the lemons and limes carefully. Trim away any white pith from the peels, as the pith can make the Limoncello taste bitter.
2. Place the peels in a large pitcher and pour 2 cups of vodka over the peels. Add in the lavender. Cover the mouth of the pitcher with plastic wrap and set the pitcher in a cool, dark place. Allow the peels to steep for at least a week. (This is the part where your patience needs to kick in.)
3. After a week has passed, combine the agave+water+juice from two lemons in a saucepan and bring to a boil. I like to boil the sliced lemons in with the sweetened mixture (it gives it a yummy sweet-and-sour flavor!) After the mixture has boiled for a good 5 minutes, remove from heat. Let the mixture cool completely. (Again, utilize your patience and just walk away. You can do it.)
4. Once it’s completely cooled, the agave+water+lemon mixture should be the consistency of syrup. Strain the syrupy through a fine mesh strainer. This should weed out all the lemons and seeds. Double strain if necessary. Set the syrup aside.
5. Next, strain the lemon peel-vodka mixture.
6. Combine both mixtures and seal in a glass jar. I got mine at Crate & Barrel, but I also used a mason jar as a second container. Store in the freezer for up to a month.
Now Enjoy! You can serve the limoncello in shot glasses at the end of the meal, or you can use it as a cocktail mixer. It’s a snazzy beverage, perfect for the coming months’ holiday celebrations. Thank you to Kristin for her inspiration and fond memories of our summers in Ravello!
Follow the above method with these ingredients:
– 2 cups vodka
– 5 lemons, peeled
– 2 limes, peeled
– 1 cup sugar (I used raw)
– 1 cup water
– Juice from 2 lemons
“Like Us” ON FACEBOOK AND ENTER TO WIN A FREE CSA PRODUCE BOX OR $20 IN MARKET BUCKS!
You could win a free Sage Mountain Produce Box by simply clicking the links below and “Liking Us”! Each “Like” goes into a pool, so by liking ANY of our Facebook posts or joining our email list, you are getting another chance to win! The more posts you “Like” the more entries you will have in the drawing. A new winner will be chosen each month!
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW
“Tara” Seeks Lounging Buddy!
Helen Woodward Animal Center introduces Tara looking for a forever home
Meet Helen Woodward Animal Center’s Pet-of-the-Week, Tara! This stunning 6lb 1-year old lynx point blend is a cuddle-bug by nature and as friendly as can be. She’s a bit shy as first but like summer in San Diego, she warms up quickly. Her gentle demeanor and loving personality will make her a glowing addition to many types of home environments. Need some more sunshine in your life? Come meet her today!
Tara is waiting to meet you at Helen Woodward Animal Center. She has been spayed and is up-to-date on all of her vaccinations. Her adoption fee is $119, and, as with all pets adopted from Helen Woodward Animal Center, she is micro chipped for identification. As an added bonus, Tara also comes with two free passes to Sea World!
Helen Woodward Animal Center is located at 6461 El Apajo Road in Rancho Santa Fe. Kennels are open daily Monday through Thursday from 12pm to 6pm; Fridays from noon to 7pm; Saturdays 10am to 6pm; and Sunday 11am to 6pm (last application accepted 15 minutes before closing).”
For more information call 858-756-4117, (option 1) or visit www.animalcenter.org.