Shop Fresh and Local at the Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market!
This week is filled with new flavors and favorites! As you do your weekly shopping, browsing and snacking, make sure to say hello to our newest vendor, Illuminate Juice. Grab a sample and have a seat in the shade while you listen to Yael perform live original music…it’s the perfect Sunday!
DON’T FORGET, our weekly Rancho Santa Fe Certified Farmers Market is open from 9:30 AM to 2:00 PM in the Del Rayo Village Shopping Center. Look for your favorites and new vendors each week and check out the new tenants in the center while you are there.
Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market is the perfect place for shopping local to fill your fridge with fresh produce, delicious treats, prepared meals to go, blooming flowers and more!
Remember, to bring an ice chest in your car or on wheels so you can relax and enjoy a nice lunch made fresh for you right at the market. Take a few minutes to slow down and enjoy our live entertainment with your family and friends in the comfort of new Market umbrellas, bistro tables and cafe chairs!
Located in the Del Rayo Village Shopping Center at 16079 San Dieguito Rd. Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92091
Illuminate Juice – Cold Pressed Juices
SAN DIEGO’S COLD-PRESSED JUICE DELIVERY
ORGANIC | COLD-PRESSED | HAND CRAFTED
“We believe in using ingredients that are fresh, organic and locally sourced whenever possible.
We believe food is medicine. Raw, organic, cold-pressed juice can help heal the body and keep it healthy and happy.
We believe in supporting a healthy lifestyle within our community by providing healthy and nutritious juice that also tastes delicious.
We believe we can make an impact on our community by inspiring positive change, not only by promoting a healthy lifestyle but also by supporting community outreach programs whenever and where ever we can.”
Rene Brunold – Certified Health & Wellness Coach – Illuminate Juice
Live Original Music by Yael this Sunday
The wonderfully talented husband and wife duo Yael is back this week! Pick up a fresh Market meal and relax under an umbrella as you listen to them perform.
Congratulations to Our $25 “Like Us” Winner!
A big congratulations to Linda Caro Lederer-Bernstein, our “Like Us on Facebook” winner this week Please stop by the Manager’s booth this Sunday and pick up your $25 in Market Bucks!
Try Something New This Week At The Rancho Santa Fe Farmers Market!
Rancho Santa Fe Fresh Market Recipe
This dish makes a nice light summer dinner. Salting and draining the zucchini and tomatoes before baking prevents them from releasing excess moisture as they bake, so the gratin stays firm, not soggy.
- 1 ½ lb. tomatoes, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices (Valdivia Farms or Lath House Gardens)
- 2 medium zucchini (1 lb.), cut into ⅛-inch-thick diagonal slices (African Sisters Farm)
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. olive oil, divided (Thyme of Essence)
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced (Sage Mountain Farm)
- 2 Tbs. roughly chopped kalamata olives (Thyme of Essence)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced basil leaves (Kawano Farms)
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese (1 ½ oz.), divided (Thyme of Essence)
1. Drape tomato slices over colander, sprinkle with salt, and let drain 45 minutes.
2. Spread zucchini on baking sheet with a dish towel over it, and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 30 minutes to sweat out excess moisture and pat dry.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat 1 tsp. oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté zucchini 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to plate. Do this in 2 batches if necessary, adding more oil between batches.
4. Layer half of zucchini slices in 8-inch-square baking pan. Top with half of tomatoes. Sprinkle with half of garlic, 1 Tbs. olives, half of basil, and ı/4 cup Parmesan cheese; season with freshly ground black pepper. Repeat with remaining zucchini, tomatoes, garlic, olives, and basil. Drizzle top with 1 Tbs. oil, and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover with foil, and bake 10 minutes. Remove foil, and bake 20 minutes more, or until cheese is melted and gratin is bubbling. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
“Like Us” ON FACEBOOK AND ENTER TO WIN $25 IN MARKET BUCKS!
You could win $25 in RSF Market Bucks by simply clicking the links below and “Liking Us”! Each “Like” goes into a pool, so by liking ANY of our Facebook posts or joining our email list, you are getting another chance to win! The more posts you “Like” the more entries you will have in the drawing. A new winner will be chosen each month!
CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW
Do you read online reviews? We do, and so do other customers. That’s why we’d love it if you would take just a quick moment to review your experience at our Farmers Market.
Here are links for two great review sites:
THANK YOU, WE REALLY APPRECIATE IT!
Helen Woodward Animal Center Pet Of The Week
“Emily” Holding Cheerleader Tryouts!
Give us an ‘E’! Pet-of-the-Week Emily is a lovely 9.5lb, 8-month old Jack Russell Terrier blend who is thrilled to begin holding tryouts for her very own cheerleaders. She’s a shy girl who could use a little cheering on to boost her confidence, and she just knows the right family is out there. Emily is a sweetheart, a quick learner, and will thrive in a family who will take some time with her while she learns the routine. She’s sure to be a great member of your team. Think you have what it takes? No appointment necessary. Come meet this loveable lapdog today!
Emily is waiting to meet you at Helen Woodward Animal Center. She has been altered and is up-to-date on all of her vaccinations. Her adoption fee is $319, and, as with all pets adopted from Helen Woodward Animal Center, he is micro-chipped for identification. As an added bonus, he also comes with two free passes to Sea World!
Helen Woodward Animal Center is located at 6461 El Apajo Road in Rancho Santa Fe. Kennels are open daily Monday through Thursday from 12pm to 6pm; Fridays from noon to 6pm
Saturdays 10am to 6pm; and Sunday 11am to 6pm (last application accepted 15 minutes before closing). For more information call 858-756-4117, option #1 or visit www.animalcenter.org.